Pull Reminders is packaged as a Docker image, made available through our private portal. Follow the steps below to set up and run your Pull Panda instance.
1. Make sure your server host has Docker installed
2. Download the Pull Reminders docker image
3. Import it using
docker load -i pullreminders.latest.tar
4. Create a working directory on your host
5. Inside this directory, create a
dockerenv file with the variables set below. Check out a full example dockerenv file.
DATABASE_URL is your Postgres connection url.
Due to limitations in Docker's parsing of multi-line environment variables, you need to replace all newlines in
\n so it is a single line like this:
GITHUB_PRIVATE_KEY="-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----\nMIIEogIBA...
6. Start the container with your
docker run --rm -p 80:3000 --env-file ./dockerenv -d pullreminders
7. Browse to your instance's URL and you should be able to login. Follow the instructions presented in the app to install the GitHub App to an organization and then connect it to Slack.
8. For handling HTTPS (443) connections we recommend using an HTTP proxy (e.g., nginx) or load balancer with SSL configured.